Please take the time to access and familiarize yourself with these documents. Please contact any ARC member with questions or for help in using the documents.
Summary of recent changes to ARC Document #1, Building and Landscaping Requirements
- Clarifies the process to obtain a refund of any deposit which was required for a project or new home construction. A deposit is refundable once a determination has been made that the completed work complies with the plans approved by the ARC. Failure to bring the completed work in compliance with the approved plans within 2 years will result in the deposit being forfeited.
- Added a section on “Outdoor Living Spaces” to address the current trend and designs for creating outdoor living spaces as an extension of your home.
- Clarifies requirements on “Fences and Similar Structures”.
- Clarifies requirements on “Landscape, Decorative, Privacy and Retaining Walls”.
Summary of recent changes to ARC Document #4, Requests for Additions or Changes to Existing Homes
- Added a section on “Deposits” to provide transparency on when a deposit may be required.
- Added the holidays when work is not permitted to be performed in KC community to the “Tree Removal Notification Form.” (The holidays were approved by the Board in March 2019 and are contained in ARC Document #2, Rules for Builders, Contractors, Subcontractors and Landscapers.)
Summary of recent changes to ARC Document #2, Rules for Builders, Contractors, Subcontractors and Landscape Workers
Specifies that no construction or landscaping activity is permitted by contractors on Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.